Part of the IT Operations team to realm across all trading businesses (front, middle and back-office) to provide support for applications. Be a part of a global and rapidly evolving IT department that is driving the company’s cloud and digital transformation agenda.
- Provide day-to-day operational support for the application estate.
Take ownership, and be a central point of contact, for any application related issues reported by users, ensuring professional and regular communication is provided.
- Diagnose and resolve complex system and/or data issues across a range of both internally developed and vendor supplied applications in support of the trading business.
- Follow-up on fixes for escalated issues.
- Define and implement team processes to handle all support activities including the provision of up-to-date documentation in Confluence.
- Effectively record and monitor progress of all incidents and service requests raised into Jira, providing timely feedback to the business and stakeholders as required.
- Maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of systems to troubleshoot a wide variety of application issues.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to plan, test, and deliver on-going enhancements.
Support test and development related activities through environment management, orchestration, and automation.
- Operate within a change-controlled environment and ensure that deployments are conducted in accordance with relevant release procedures.
- Proactively monitor applications for availability, capacity, and performance.
- Participate in a wide variety of global projects, improvements, and control activities to enable growth in business footprint, innovation, and digital transformation.
- Share knowledge and expertise with others, coaching and mentoring peers as required.
- Occasional work outside of normal business hours may be required at times, for major incidents, planned releases/maintenance and in support of month-end closing.
Bachelor’s Degree with relevant work exp in delivering production support within a complex trading environment involving multiple applications, stakeholders, and third-party vendors
Exp in diagnosing and remediating application issues in a Windows Server and Windows 10 environment
Knowledge of ITIL framework, certification an advantage
Knowledge of scripting and automation (PowerShell and/or Python)
Technical proficiency with SQL (ideally with SQL Server and/or Azure SQL)
Good understanding of the trade/deal lifecycle and related processe
Domain knowledge of energy physical and financial commodities and derivatives
Working knowledge of the Allegro ETRM/CTRM platform (preferably Allegro Horizon)
DevOps knowledge would be an advantage
Technical skills required:
- Administer applications hosted in Microsoft Azure.
- Exp with market data management platforms (e.g., ZEMA or Data Genic).
- Manage small projects/changes.
- Exp with agile delivery methodologies (e.g., SCRUM or Kanban).
- Familiar with the Atlassian product suite (e.g., Jira and Confluence etc).
- Exp with C#, Azure DevOps, Visual Studio and Crystal Reports.
- Experience with cloud-focused logging and monitoring tools (preferably using Azure Monitor with Application Insights and Log Analytics).
- Experience with any of the following platforms/systems: Allegro Horizon ETRM, Trayport Global Vision/Joule, Updata, FXAll, WebICE, Sun Systems/Q&A, Softmar, Veson IMOS, FEA (Allegro Analytics), Zema, Cubelogic, Bloomberg and Reuters.