This role manages all group level accounting functions, including management reporting, consolidations, annual financial statements and audit management, covenant monitoring and reporting, and liaise with bankers for enquires on banking facilities.
You will identify and to bridge accounting processes gap. Be involved in finance transformation/ initiatives to improve the business efficiency within the finance team.
A thorough understanding of accounting and financial issues is required, together with a confident ability to communicate these issues to others.
- Be responsible for full spectrum of accounting functions that include management reporting, consolidations, annual financial statements and audit management, covenant monitoring and reporting, and liaising with counterparties to support banking facilities.
- Consolidate The Company management accounts on a monthly basis
- Prepare budgets and forecasts to be presented to the management
- Build a thorough understanding of the trade flows and ensure that new trades follow agreed upon approaches
- Work with Risk and Operations teams to facilitate the data input and updates
- Ensure accurate financial reporting for monthly and annual IFRS reporting for all Group entities
- Create and maintain forecasting models which provide full suite financial statements on a very regular basis
- Work with Risk Team to ensure trading results tally between accounting and trading system
- Analyze group results and trends and provide such reports to The Management
- Ensure consistency of accounting policies and procedures Group wide
- Liaise with the banks for credit/ compliance checks of The Company
- Lead a team of accountants and ensure daily accounting operations requirements are met by the accountants.
- Main point of contact to ensure timely and functional audit process with audit team
- Identify/ enhance/ improve accounting system, processes and workflow. Simplify complex accounting processes to enhance business efficiency
- Any other ad-hoc duties assigned
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting and a certified public accountant
- 12- 15 years of relevant experience with at least 5 years of team management experience
- Familiar in commodity/ oil/ energy sector
- Knowledge of accounting standards and statutory IRFS reporting
- Significant experience with consolidations
- Experience in initiatives/ projects to simplify complex accounting/ finance processes
- Knowledge of M&A and valuations
- Proficient in MS Excel, word and power point